Plastic has permeated into just about every aspect of our lives leading to plastic pollution. Research suggests that around eight million metric tons of plastic waste enters the oceans each year, and it’s estimated that by 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will weigh more than all the fish. Even our land is not free from this pollution, especially on farms where sewage sludge is used for fertilizer.
It is alarming to note that eight of the ten most common items in ocean trash are single-use food-related items that include plastic bags, straws, dry cleaning bags, water bottles, take out food containers, and coffee cups etc. Therefore, it is paramount to find alternatives to plastic packaging.
Our pledge to reduce the environmental impact of plastic pollutants led us to the inception of Vaksana, an endeavour to find sustainable eco-friendly alternative.
The global climate commitment and the strict policies by the EU puts Europe at the forefront of becoming a PLASTIC FREE NATION by January 2020. VAKSANA aspires to utilize this opportunity for packaging innovation and capture the world markets. Our wide range of Biodegradable Products manufactured in Bangalore & Mangalore, Karnataka are the ideal cutting-edge, eco friendly solutions.
Respond to growing pressure to provide all-around sustainability, our ambitious plastic reduction targets are :
– To spread awareness about economical replacements
– Export of Biodegradable Products around the world
– To ensure maximum reach of biodegradable products
– To seek and export more biodegradable alternatives
– Export Organic foods like pulses and millets
– Create a local presence with domestic retail store chains, wholesalers and every outlet, big or small where plastic is used.